Aspen Acres Farms
Connect With Your Horse On A New Level
Build A Special Bond As You've Always Imagined
Horseback Riding Half Day Camps
Half Day Farm Camps at Aspen Acres is an awesome option. We are a private facility located in Port Colborne. The facility is run by Stacey Longely CYW, BA. Experience in Therapeutic, special needs, special need camps, support work, able-bodied camps, and running successful programs.
Over 10 years of experience of working with children and horses this facility is the home to our Donkey, three very unique goats, a sheep, bunnies, horses, ponies dogs and cats some of which have been rescued. Aspen Acres has a full lesson and training program for all ages and animals.
Now offering ½ day camp, which is a great alternative for kids at home. I have learned that children want a place where they can get out to run and play, They want to experience new things and have the opportunity to explore. Parents want a structured safe affordable environment where their children can learn. Aspen Acres has tried to put together a day that meets both parents and children’s wishes.
Children get to experience new things and have the time of their lives, while mom and dad are at work. Children get to go for a pony ride while getting a mini riding lesson or a cart ride. They get to interact with the animals and help feed everyone some fun treats. We do arts and crafts and have some fun healthy snacks too.
This is not just another place for kids to go for the day. Children are involved in a structured well planned day with a large variety of actives. While at the camp, we go in and out of the house to make sure no one gets too hot or cold. Washroom facilities are in the house and near the barn. The children are cared for and well supervised.
Horsback Riding Half Day Camp Details
This program is for children ages 3 to 10, $20 + HST per day. Limit of 10 campers per day
The Program is currently offered On These Dates:
March 11, 10:00 to 1:00
July 18, 8:30 to 12:00
July 19, 8:30 – 12:00
August 30, 8:30 – 12:00
August 31, 8:30 – 12:00
- We brush the pony that we are going to use for the exercise and tack or harness them up
- We start the day with either a pony ride or a cart ride (we pick one for the day)
- Cold drink and scavenger hunt
- Then we go inside where we have a snack
- Construct our craft for the day
- Special activity (fishing at our private pond, hiking around the property, learning to play golf, looking for cool things, etc)
- Games (if weather permits water games)
- Finish off with feeding the animals
Things to Bring. (For Summer Program)
- A change of cloths
- A hat
- Life Jacket (only on fishing days)
- ear shoes with a covered toe and heel.
Things to Bring. (For Winter Program)
- A change of cloths
- Extra warm socks and mitts
- A warm hat
- Warm Jacket boots and snow pants